Are you interested in Building Backlinks? Do you know how important building these backlinks is for a website growth? Let us start with the basic rule that most of the website designers never forget. Building Backlinks for a business website is one of the best ways of Digital Marketing and starting an SEO campaign.
Now that you know its importance, we would like to share a fact with you.
You can use your competitors’ broken web page to build a backlink for your business or its website. We consider it as one of the powerful resources to generate backlinks.
If you have tried your hands on link building, you must be aware of the total time that this process takes like hours, days, weeks, months or a year. Do you have this much time to build backlinks? If you have time and patience, then you can go ahead with your regular process else, build a healthy backlink following the way that we suggest here.
Using competitors’ broken pages, you can create or build backlinks. The easiest way to track these broken pages is going to links that direct the user to the page 404.
Let us now see the process of building backlinks
- The first step to chase broken links of your competitors is to chase the competitor itself. This may sound a tedious job but believe us it is quite simple. You just need to search your competitor’s name by writing keywords in context to the products and services you offer to your customers. This will bring a list of companies that would be offering similar kinds of products or services as yours’. From here, you can start compiling your competitors’ list and add details like products, services, date of search, etc.
- After done with the first step, go to the next step that is downloading Screaming Frog SEO Spider, a free tool to locate 404 pages of your competitor’s website.
- Now it’s time to compile all of these pages. Then download a paid tool called Majestic, or a free tool called Moz’s Open Site Explorer, to check if the pages you compiled contain any external linkages or not.
- Once done, generate a request for the CSV and try to build the backlinks.
- From here, find the pages that can be used for your website.
After following these 5 steps, you get the list of all useful 404 pages that can be used to build backlinks in order to create plagiarism-free content for your website.
The common mistake that most people do is targeting inappropriate competitors. Your search should rigorous and competitors should be chosen with utmost care because the base of building backlinks is getting the right competitor and the right broken link. Also don’t just stop here, try to get information about the sources that your competitor use to get backlinks.
Once you are able to build backlinks, make sure you follow your visitors and connect with them. This technique would help you generate more leads and backlinks using competitors’ broken pages.