The Internet has shrunk down the world. It has enabled reaching out to people who might be located in any part of the world in a matter of few seconds. For entrepreneurs who had to concentrate only on the domestic market a little while ago, it has become a boon. As now they are able to contact customers who are settled abroad. It is easy to reach out to them.
So what has enabled the businessmen to reach out to the global audience? The answer is ‘Website’. One can just search for ‘SEO Company Bangalore’ and find out the companies who build websites and provide SEO services.
Today many companies export products and services globally. So it is important for them to build a multilingual website. It is important to develop the personal connection with the global audience. Many MNC’s have websites in different languages. They understand the sensibilities of people in different countries.
The trick lies in making the website multi-country friendly. Following are some of the methods:
- 1. Multilingual website – One has to take efforts to make the website multilingual. It need not be necessary to provide the language in all possible languages but only a few can also do. Suppose the products are planned to be targeted to audiences of specific countries like Russia, Spain etc. then it makes sense to make the website multilingual in languages spoken in that particular countries only. The user can just select the location and access the website in their own language.
2. Localizing content – If required one can also hire a person who speaks that particular language, understands the sensibilities of the people in that particular language and build the content. It need not necessarily be an exact translation of original content.
3. Using pictures which are relevant – One can also use pictures which may appeal to the people belonging to that particular geography. ‘Pictures speak thousands of words’ and this is applicable here.
4. Localizing the checkout process – The most crucial phase of lead conversion is the final purchase process carried out. For example, if somebody wants to purchase the product then the e-commerce portal should showcase relevant currencies. It should also have blogs/whitepapers/newsletters targeted for that particular region.
5. Global SEO factors – One should consider global SEO factors and accordingly build the website. Google is banned in China and they have their own search engine. So one should understand what SEO strategy could be the best in those particular countries. One should take into consideration important keywords which should be used and those which should not be used.
6. Global urls – One should try to use proper URLs which are relevant in those particular countries. For e.g. U.K to be used in URL if the site is targeted towards people from UK.
It is useful to appoint local agencies to make the website friendly in those particular countries. This is the only way to make a global impact and attract the international audience. It is important to stay ahead of the competition in the long run.