If you are looking for some best ways to increase organic traffic and search ranking, then this article will help you. In the SEO world, everything is constantly changing… algorithm, techniques, methods, etc. But one thing that will never change is website trust. You cannot simply earn this from search engines, especially from Google. It may take several months, sometimes several years.
You may have heard about Google Panda which affects websites with low quality content. So, let’s find out the actual meaning of low quality in the eyes of Google and what we should do to gain Google’s trust for your website. Once you build the trust, everything is within your reach, and that includes top rankings, targeted traffic, and more.
Here are few tips to build website trust in search engines (Google):
#1. Add unique and useful content frequently on your website:
Google mainly stresses and expects original content from any website. Implement the below given guidelines on your content to improve its quality:
a) Give detailed information:
Your article should be 550+ words. Make sure you are providing detailed information to your readers, especially if your content happens to be a how to guide or tutorial. Otherwise it will affect the overall quality of your site.
Having short content may make your website marked as “content farm” by Google. So, try to write everything in a detailed manner.
b) Write original content:
Next, you must focus on its originality. Your content should never be copied from other sources. The article you write must be clear and direct to the point.
c) Add relevant images and videos:
Your content should have relevant pictures or videos. You may ask why it is important. That’s because it reinforces the learning of the user and facilitates better understanding of the concept you are trying to explain. If you create your own image or video, get copyright for it. And if you use others’, then first ask for permission from them to use it on your website.
d) Give relevant links:
Before giving external links to other websites, make sure they are quality websites; otherwise it may affect your website’s quality. Meanwhile, don’t forget to give internal links to other articles on your own website, wherever needed.
It will be helpful for users who are looking for detailed information of the concept you are talking about on your blog or website. By doing this, you are increasing the user experience and retention time of your visitors on your website.
e) Allow users to post comments:
Always allow user-generated comments on your blog or website. It is essential to build the trust and justify the quality of your content.
f) Allow users to share your content on social networks:
It is no secret that based on the number of shares, retweets and repins too, Google determines the quality of a website. Of course, if your content is not good, it won’t be shared or retweeted by hundreds of people. And this is the reason why Google considers this as one of the important factors while determining the quality of websites.
e) Write frequently:
Try to write whenever possible as it helps your site grow bigger. It ultimately gives you high organic traffic due to long tail effect.
#2. Don’t participate in link schemes:
It is included in the quality guidelines, but most of the people are not aware of this. Webmasters often receive emails from link building companies, in which they request you to include their client’s link on your website. They are even ready to pay you for the favor.
But actually, it violates Google quality guidelines. Keep in mind that by doing so, you are adding irrelevant links to your content and it will affect its quality.
Even though you add them on your home page or any other page of your website, it drains out a lot of link juice from your site. So, you should stay away from them.
#3. Limit the number of ads on your website and increase its speed:
To earn money from websites, many website owners decorate their website with lot of advertisements. It may annoy the visitors and due to that the bounce rate of your website may increase. Sometimes, it slows down the website and confuses the user; makes it hard to distinguish between the ads and content.
It also makes people think that your website is mainly for advertisements and not to provide useful information. And your website will automatically lose their trust. If the bounce rate of your website is high, again you will lose the trust of the search engines.
Here are few suggestions to overcome this problem:
- If you are using Google AdSense, then place your advertisements at strategic locations; and people will never confuse them with your content.
- If you are using in-text advertising, limit the number of links. Minimum 3 links are recommended per page. If you place too many of them, your website may look spammy.
- Finally optimize your website’s loading time with advertisements. Make sure, it doesn’t take more time to load. It is highly recommended to remove the welcome banner ads and pop up banners, because they are sure to annoy the user.
#4. Give your and your company’s full profile (personal information, awards and testimonials):
The high quality content alone is not enough to improve the quality of the website. In addition to that, you need to create a trust, as I already said. The below given tips will help you increase the quality of your website.
- Name of the website owner, official contact form, active phone number and professional email address, etc., are important. So, add those details.
- Also add some professional information about yourself in the “About” page.
- Add a photo or live video of your office, where the employees are working or interacting with clients, etc.
- If you have received any award or accreditation from your industry, add those details as well on your website.
- Add the official Facebook page widget on your site. It will help new visitors find user comments about your products and services.
- Add real and positive testimonials of your previous clients or customers, on your homepage.
- You should also add a terms and conditions page to your website. If you accept payment from your users, create an environment of trust by saying that their amount is protected and you will refund the amount in case of any mistake; people won’t trust a website that doesn’t agree for refunds.
- If you have worked with any reputable company, add its logos or badges on your website. But ensure that they are really there.
If you follow all the aforementioned points of this section, it will definitely increase the trust of your website, among the people as well as among the search engines.