Intrusive Interstitials Display ads are basically the pop-ups that irritate the viewer while accessing any important data on the display screen. Intrusive Interstitials ads force users’ to like or click on ads before moving further on the display screen. Mostly it is seen that these interstitials ads alert the reader about newsletters sign up, offers, discounts or sale, etc.
Google has clearly stated that not all the Interstitials display ads would rank low. There are some valuable intrusive interstitials that alert the reader about
- Any Blocked content
- Notifies the user of any kind of age or sex restrictions.
- Any ad that occupies a reasonable amount of screen would not be conserved under the down-ranking criteria.
Since the usage of Mobile-friendly websites has increased to a considerable level, Google has taken an initiative to control the “intrusive” interstitial display ads that block the user’s way to access any particular service on the mobile.
Google keep posting blogs on a regular basis informing the readers about its latest upcoming. As of now, January 10, 2017, has been fixed to take strict actions against the users who post interstitials ads that pop up in the middle and disrupts the viewers’ mood. Interstitials ads pop up and block the users’ view of the mobile screen; this had led Google to downrank pages that contain such frustrating factor.
Types of Interstitials Display ads:
- Those that come in the middle
- Those that come immediately when you open the home page
- Those that come after, you have successfully visited the page
- Last but not the least is the ads that ask users to dismiss services to access the web content.
Not all the Interstitials ads are down-ranked, there are some exceptions that Google consider and accept while ranking on a higher scale:
- Intrusive Interstitials that interrupts your mobile screen come with a legal obligation like your age, sex, or any other characteristic.
- Ads that warn the users of public interventions. For example, is any particular content is not authorized for public use, and then ads will pop up.
- Ads occupying a reasonable amount of space on the mobile screen would not be down-ranked. Although, the exact specifications of this reasonable amount are not clearly defined but Google is soon expected to clarify its readers of the same.
Google has become smart these days and if anyone tries to forge Interstitials display ads by mentioning the same content as that of an ad in the inline pages, then he or she is likely to face the same punishment.
Google has specifically stated that this step is one of the hundred steps to checking any website ranking. Google is a powerful search engine and hence it uses multiple options to categorize your web content in order to give the ranking. Segregating ranks based on Intrusive Interstitials is one of the finest steps towards refining websites and ranking them amongst the top-rankers.
This step is a positive move taken by Google to deliver better search results without any hassle.