It is important for a website to be found online easily. SEO is one the technique through which they can achieve this. One way of doing SEO is through internal linking. Internal links can simply be defined as a link which connects one page to another in the same website. Linking internally is done for the purpose of higher rankings on search engines. It is regarded as one of the key techniques in SEO.
There are SEO companies which help websites in their digital marketing strategy. One can just search by putting in keywords like ‘SEO Company Bangalore’ and see the results. There are many companies which provide only SEO solutions. Bangalore which has become an e-commerce hub is now home to many SEO companies.
There are many other keywords apart from ‘SEO Company Bangalore’ which one can try. SEO is like a vast ocean of keywords. One has to keep trying multiple permutations and combinations. As mentioned earlier, Internal linking is one of the key best practice carried out in SEO practice. Below mentioned are some internal linking best practices:
- 1. Creating lot of content is important for Internal Linking because for creating links, first, you should have lots of internal pages. So one should first prepare a good content marketing strategy.
- 2. Linking to relevant content on the website is also very much important. Non – relevant content will increase the bounce rate. Visitors will spend less time on the website which will lower down search engine rankings. It should look like that the reader is reading in continuum by clicking on the relevant link. Both the content which are interlinked must be related.
- 3. Anchor texts must be used for linking. Anchor texts help in knowing more about only that particular topic when someone clicks on it. One can just hyperlink that particular phrase which will drive the traffic to a particular page.
- 4. Website experience is very important in holding users on the website. One should try to reduce the bounce rates on the website. The content should not be hidden inside several links which might make it difficult to access. It is recommended that no page should be more than 3 clicks away from the homepage. Content should be easily accessible. Hidden content may lose out on the page getting cached by bots.
- 5. One should have breadcrumb navigation to the website. It means when a website visitor goes from one page to another page then it should show how he/she has navigated through hyperlinks on top of the site. It gives a roadmap on how the user has navigated and arrived at the page. So if the user wants to go back to the previous pages then it is possible by clicking on that specific hyperlinks. This strategy is mostly deployed by companies who have a website running into several pages.
- 6. Last but not the least strategy is to add navigation links to the website. Mostly hotels who have got the presence in several cities would like the website visitor to know about their strengths. Hence this strategy is adopted.