Google panda is an update of Google search which was aimed to produce relevant content of high quality in the google search results. This update came to be in February 2011 and since then has been making quality search available. Panda uses an algorithm that targets the site content instead of a site’s links and back links.
As soon as a searcher seeks out some content, the Panda goes into work. The top results shown to you will be original keeping sites with low-quality work on a back step. It is hard to determine what the Panda was aiming for and how a site suddenly took a downfall. Opt for Google panda recovery services which will help determine your setbacks. Take it from there and work upon it. There are some key points that can be looked into for those looking to overcome their Panda problems.
- 1. Often, sites prey to the Panda algorithm, fix their problem by removing content or pages. That is not always the solution because there can be good content mixed in there. And removal will only lower the ranking in such cases.
Sometimes, try fixing the content to improve your site ranking based on what Panda thinks. There is still a chance that the page may get ranking even if the content is considered inappropriate in the panda’s eyes. This happens when there is relevant and better quality content mixed in there. But to top it, the lower quality parts still need fixing.
Apart from the content make sure the content is relevant because the algorithm is cleverly set to recognize irrelevancy of the content against a topic, irrespective of good content.
2. After having continuously focused on quality content, it is necessary to know exactly what it means. The quality of any content in the Panda algorithm is based on whether your written material is copied, relevant, apt or spammed. The page can go high or low based on these factors.
The content doesn’t have to be elaborate. There is no such thing as minimum with this algorithm, contrary to the belief that the content should be above a certain limit. Remember that content doesn’t always mean words but also images, videos, and references.
Pages filled with the abundance of advertisements take a downfall. Ads are allowed and this algorithm has a certain layout and limit to it. If you have relevant and limited ads combined with your content, there is still a high chance in the lift of your page ranking. Make sure to use leading links that are authentic. Panda has no issues.
3. Pulling the attention on to some specifics like forums and comments, it is often a problem with the forums ranking. The sites are open and can generate some good content. The results for forums are usually mixed due to the mixed quality. But the traffic generated on forums often help in ranking. If the forum generates relevant work, it works fine for Panda.
But removing comments isn’t a way to improve the website/ forum quality. The type of comments is what generates the quality. More comments mean more traffic had been diverted to the site and the site was compelling enough for viewers to leave comments. Users do come back to the site they commented on to check for responses or developments.
4. There are some things that have stuck with Panda algorithm incorrectly. Like many believe in using Top Level Domain (TLD) to influence their ranking. But that doesn’t work for this TLD are equally and sometimes more prone to spam and spam problem compares to regular domain sites.
Also, many believe the user engagement to be a part of this algorithm but the only user engagement taken into account by Panda is of comments and no other. And Speed. Yes! Speed is an issue and not just with Pandas but before the rise of Panda algorithm. Speed affects the ranking but this was a factor of Google search long before the Panda came into play.
5. Lastly, it is very important to keep in a circle with the panda updates. This algorithm, since launched has been known to drive updates after updates. Some are noticeable while some not so much. But today, the Panda has a very different working procedure compared to its 1st version. Many of these like Panda updates 10 to 15 gave no worthy change but others like Update 1 and 23 brought about some major influences on the search results.
Panda has long since made the search easy. It has increased the stakes among writers and provides more challenge due a large amount of content already available on the virtual space of the internet. Panda algorithm is bound to pass you site and push your rankings. Even Panda is not that hard to beat if these simple facts are worked upon.